Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Gramin Scheme 2020 Eligibility, Benefits, Advantages, Account Details, Online Application Form, Contact Details, Customer care Number, Card Download, PDF and other new schemes.Get complete information about this scheme.
|Type||Social Welfare Program|
|Launch Date||In 1995 as the Indira Awaas Yojana and restructured in 2016 by PM Narendra Modi as the “Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Gramin”.|
|Goal||To provide “housing for all” by 2022.|
|Ministry||Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India|
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Gramin Scheme 2020
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Gramin(PMAYG) saw its inception in 1996 and was restructured in 2016 by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi with the goal of providing “housing for all”, especially the poor living in rural areas, by 2022. The rural housing program aims to provide a 25 square meter urban house with the necessary basic amenities to the beneficiaries. According to the Government of India(GoI), the houses that’d be provided to the beneficiaries would be disaster-resistant, easy to maintain and would take into account the climatic conditions of the benefactor’s location.
As per the scheme directives, beneficiaries can avail loans of up to 70,000 rupees from banks or other financial establishments. As such, the directives are –
- The interest subsidy would be 3%.
- The maximum obtainable principle would be 2 lakh rupees.
- As such, a maximum of 38,859 rupees of subsidy can be availed on the prescribed EMI.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Gramin Scheme Advantages
The salient features of the PMAYG are as follows –
- There will be a 1.20 lakh rupees assistance by the central and the state governments for the household unit in a 60:40 fashion. However, in the Himalayas, the North-Eastern territories, and in the Union Territories of Jammu and Kashmir, the same ratio would be in a 90:10 fashion and the assistance would be ₹1.30 lakhs. For the Union Territory of Ladakh, all of the expenses will be bore by the centre.
- ₹90.95 is provided to the beneficiaries to unskilled workers in compliance with the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme(MGNREGS).
- The beneficiaries are discerned using the Socio-Economic and Caste Census(SECC) and verified by the Gram Sabhas.
- Rs.12,000 in help would be provided to construct toilets in compliance with the Swacch Bharat Mission-Gramin (SBM-G), MGNERGS, etc.
- Benefits payments are transferred electronically to the benefactor’s Aadhar linked bank account.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Gramin Scheme Eligibility Conditions
The scheme demands that applicants must fulfill the following eligibility requirements to warrant entry into the same.
- This scheme is only applicable to household families.
- The prospective benefactor must not own an urban home. As such, their house at the time of applying can have a maximum of two rooms and must be a kutcha house.
- Families without any literate adults over the age of 25.
- Families without any adult male falling in the age range of 16-59 years.
- Families without any adult member falling in the age range of 16-59 years.
- Families without any medically fit member and those with a disabled member.
- Families who do not own any land and derive income only through odd jobs.
- Families belonging to SC, ST, or any other Minority categories.
Documents required for PMAYG application
The following documents are pre-requisites for applying for the PMAYG scheme.
- An Aadhaar card.
- A consent form for the Aadhaar card to be used on behalf of the prospective beneficiary.
- MGNREGA job card.
- Swachh Bharat Mission(SBM) number.
- Bank details.
How to add a beneficiary to the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Gramin Scheme (PMAYG) scheme
Follow these steps to add a beneficiary to the PMAYG scheme –
- Visit https://pmayg.nic.in/netiay/masterlogin.aspx.
- Fill up your personal details.
- Upload the Aadhaar consent form.
- Click on the search button to find and select the beneficiary name.
- Some beneficiary details will be generated automatically and fill remaining.
- If asked for again, re-upload the Aadhaar consent form.
- Add the beneficiary bank account details.
- In the next section, choose “Yes” and enter the loan amount should you need one.
- In the final section, enter your MGNREGA number and your SBM number. It will fill the rest of the details by the concerned officials.
How to check the beneficiary list
The beneficiary list is published annually. To check if your name is on the same, follow these steps –
- Visit https://rhreporting.nic.in/netiay/newreport.aspx.
- a)If you have a registration number –
- i) Enter your registration number and click on submit.
- ii) If your number is on the list, your details will show up.
b)If you do not have a registration number –
- i) Click on Advanced Search and enter any/all of the shown details by virtue of which you want to make the search and then click “Search”.
- ii) If your name is on the list, your details will show up.